What I would do If I were researching Hair Extension Methods and Artists - Shannon Reiley
Hair extensions are great because they allow you to have the hair you have always dreamt of. But with so many hair extension methods available on the market, and so many artists out there it's hard to know which stylist and method is the right fit for you. You want to make sure the stylist who does your extensions knows how to do them properly and doesn’t cut corners!
Questions To Ask:
- What is your experience with hair extensions?
- How long have you been doing them?
- Do you have a portfolio of your work?
- What methods are you familiar with? Sew ins, tape ins, keratin bonds, beads?
- What methods do you offer and why?
- What brand of hair do you use?
(Side note: There are currently many different brands of hair on the market. Quality varies tremendously, and learning about the hair your artist uses is key to having a great day to day experience while wearing your hair extensions. I am currently using Isla a brand created by Danielle White the creator of Natural Beaded Rows, and Isla is only available to artists in Danielle’s training program).
- How long does the hair usually last?
- Is it real human Remy hair? Can heat be applied to it?
- Are your Wefts hand tied or machine tied?
- Do you offer multiple textures?
- Do you offer multiple colors?
- What is the maintenance like?
- Will you be coloring my hair?
- What textures of hair do you offer?
Now for our curly headed beauties...
Just because you have curly hair does not mean you have to wear curly extensions. Here are some questions to consider!
- What is your desired end result?
- What do you want to see?
- Is your curl pattern consistent?
- Do you want to match what you have or manipulate the texture with the extensions?
- Are you naturally curly, but always smoothing out your curls?
- Are you around humidity a lot?
- First let’s figure out texture, and then let’s talk about color.
- Are you capable of blowing out curly hair?
- Do you want to continue to blow out what might feel like three heads of curly hair?
- Does your schedule allow you to do that?
If you are wanting to experience your dream hair, hair extensions are great, but it can be difficult choosing the best hair extension artist for you. Thankfully we are here with questions you can ask to find the right stylist for you! Make sure that whoever is doing your hair extensions understands what type of look you want and can give examples of their work! If you are looking for a hair extension artist, Light Styling Hair is currently accepting new applications! We would love to hear from you, for more information contact us today!